Commonwealth Games 2010, going to be held in the Delhi in India,The games will be the largest multi-sport event conducted to date in Delhi and India generally, which has previously hosted the Asian Games in 1951 and 1982.Commonwealth Games 2010 opening ceremony is scheduled to take place at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Delhi india.
There are currently 72 nations planning to field teams at the 2010 Commonwealth Games.
Delhi proposed a four-lane, 2.2 km underground stretch from Lodhi Road to trans-Yamuna,linking the Games Village to the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium and reducing travelling time for athletes travelling between the Village and the Stadium by six minutes.
Commonwealth Games 2010 in Delhi will be used to house the sports during the Games:
- Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Delhi – Athletics, lawn bowls, weightlifting
- Dhyan Chand National Stadium – Hockey
- Indira Gandhi Arena – Archery, cycling, gymnastics, wrestling
- Delhi University sports complex – Rugby sevens
- Thyagaraj Stadium – Netball
- Siri Fort Sports Complex – Badminton, Squash
- Dr. Karni Singh Shooting Range – Shooting
- Talkatora Stadium – Boxing
- SPM Swimming Pool Complex – Aquatics
- RK Khanna Tennis Complex – Tennis
- Yamuna Sports Complex – Table tennis